Affordable Small Business Website Security Audits
We offer affordable website security audits for small businesses. Website cybersecurity threats are becoming more and more common for small business owners and some posing potentially large liabilities.
Every month there seems to be a new “data breach” from some large corporation. What the news doesn’t tell you about is the thousands of similar incidents that happen to smaller organizations on a daily basis.
Now to be clear it’s near impossible for us to prevent every single cybersecurity attack a small business could potentially experience… But the good news is that we can help you eliminate near 99% of the cyber threats that put your website at risk.
Our audits offer a one-time assessment of the current security state of your website. Through this assessment, we are able to provide you with a report of any weaknesses it may be putting your website at risk.
If you would like more ongoing protection we also offer security monitoring plans were we automatically check your site multiple times per day for security threats and hacks.
While our automated monthly service does a great job at monitoring your site our audits are conducted manually and offer much deeper manual testing of your site.
During an audit, we run the same tests a hacker would to check for any common security weaknesses. Performing these audits manually allow us to dig a little deeper to find vulnerabilities that may often be missed by automated services.
The Real Risk Of Ransomware Attacks
Here are a few “real world” articles that demonstrate the real risk of ransomware attacks and how it could potentially affect your business if you are not prepared.
Eight years’ worth of police evidence wiped out in ransomware attack – Naked Security by Sophos
If hackers are willing and capable to attack US Police Department Websites for ransoms, there is no question that they would NOT even think twice about hacking into your small business website.
Also, see our section titled “The Anatomy of Small Business Website Hack” on our small business website security services page..
About Our Website Audits
During a standard small business website audit, we will check for the most common types of security vulnerabilities that pose the most likely threat to your business website.
Our audits have a heavy emphasis on the current OWASP Top 10 which is a cybersecurity industry standard of the top 10 most commonly attacked vulnerabilities attacked each year.
These Common Website Security Attacks Include
- Cross-site scripting
- SQL injections
- Blind SQL injections
- Brute force attacks
- Potentially dangerous files
- Weak file permissions
- Security misconfigurations
- And more
Or in non-geek speak, we are going to test your site for vulnerabilities that your site would most likely encounter. This will expose any common access points that may be putting your site at risk.
We conduct many of these tests manually through a process called black box penetration testing (or pen-testing). Basically, during the pen-testing process, we simulate the exact same tactics that an external hacker would take to remotely find common vulnerabilities that may be on your site.
In addition to our manual testing, we also offer automated tests from industry-leading software as a second pass layer of security.
After our testing, we will then provide a full detailed report of any security vulnerabilities that we find their severity level.
Important Notes About Our Security Audits & Pen-Testing
- We do not offer any type of compliance testing
- We only offer basic level remote web-application testing as an affordable solution for smaller businesses in an effort to help them prevent the most common types of cyber attacks on their website. Full-scale pen-testing typically ranges in the ballpark of $4,000 to well over $20,000. These types of tests are normally reserved for much larger corporations as they are simply out of reach for most small and mid-size businesses. Since many of these larger tests are overkill for most small business needs we offer a base level solution so our clients aren’t completely SOL when it comes to protecting their investment into their website and digital marketing. Our testing should give a business owner the information they need to accurately protect their website against around 98% of all automated website attacks. If you would like to ensure that your site is protected even further we also offer malware protection and monitoring as a service along with daily website backups on our Business Website Hosting Plans.
- Cyber attacks are continually evolving and becoming more sophisticated by the day and the code within web applications is often changing and being updated. While it is possible to eliminate most all threats to a website, these two factors alone make it almost impossible for anyone to ever eliminate 100% of ALL external risk to a website. For these reasons, we recommend auditing your website monthly to quarterly based on your needs and at the very minimum no less than twice per year.
Plans & Pricing
Our manual testing prices start at $249 contact us for pricing details.
For automated testing ONLY, our services start at $99 one time.
You would like us to audit your website or would just like to learn more about our small business website security audit services you can contact us below.